This dip is perfect for fresh vegetables but it can also be added to any meal as a creamy sauce.
Artichoke White Bean Dip (from Dreena Burton)
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 14 oz can white beans (navy or cannellini), rinsed and drained (can also use 1 ½ cup white beans cooked from dry)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 ½ tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 tbsp of water to thin if desired
- 2 tbsp freshly flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Blanch the frozen artichoke hearts in boiling water for about 8-10 minutes, then drain.
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
Taste, and season to taste with extra lemon juice/other seasonings, as desired.
Serve as is or transfer to an oven-proof dish and heat until just warm and a little golden on top.