Balsamic Glazed Sweet Potato Fries (by Dreena Burton)
- 3 lb orange sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut the potatoes into wedges (It is easiest by cutting in half and then, depending on the size, cutting 3–4 wedges from each half).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic powder, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, balsamic vinegar, and hot sauce.
- Add the wedges to the mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread on the prepared baking sheet, and pour over any remaining liquid.
- Bake for 50–65 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes have softened and caramelized in spots, rotating/flipping the wedges once or twice through baking.