As the weather gets hotter, try this healthy recipe to cool off! See the optional ingredients below to make different flavors. There are also some favorite variations at the bottom!
Banana Ice Cream
- frozen bananas
- optional ingredients (see below)
- water or unsweetened soy milk (like Westsoy brand)
- Peel ripe bananas and freeze in a ziploc bag for several hours or overnight.
- Place frozen bananas in high-speed blender with a splash of liquid (enough to cover the blades).
- Add any optional ingredients and blend until creamy, scraping down sides as needed.
- Pour into a bowl and add any desired toppings, like fresh berries!
There are no exact measurements as this will depend on how many people you are serving this to.
- other frozen fruit-strawberries, cherries, blueberries, raspberries, mango, pineapple (try 1/2 cup per banana)
- cocoa powder (about 1 or 2 tsp per banana)
- nut butters (about 1 or 2 tsp per banana)
- applesauce (about 2 tablespoons per banana) (you may need less liquid)
- cinnamon (about 1/2 tsp per banana)
- vanilla powder (about 1/8 or 1/4 tsp per banana)
- Mint Chocolate – add a few mint leaves and cocoa powder
- Chocolate Peanut Butter – add cocoa powder and peanut butter
- Tropical – add pineapple, mango, and coconut water
- Swirled banana ice cream – Make plain banana ice cream and pour into a bowl. Blend another frozen fruit (like strawberries) with 1 banana and swirl this into the plain banana ice cream.