The sauce for this pasta is easy to make and very creamy!
- 2 avocados
- 3 garlic cloves
- juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- handful of fresh spinach
- handful of fresh basil
- black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- your favorite bean pasta (red lentil, black bean, chickpea, etc) You can also use zucchini noodles!
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook your bean pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a blender combine the avocados, garlic cloves, lemon juice, water, spinach, basil, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Blend until creamy and smooth. You may need to add more water depending on how thick or thin you want your sauce, but start with the 1/2 cup.
- Taste and add more seasonings if needed.
- Pour your pasta into your bowl, mix in some of the basil avocado sauce, and top with cherry tomatoes.