Blueberry Oat Breakfast Muffins (by Juieanna Hever – The Plant-based Dietitian)
- 1 medium banana
- 2 cups sweet potato puree (2 medium to large sweet potatoes, baked or 1 15oz can of sweet potato puree)
- 8 medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine your oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger and set aside.
In a blender, blend the banana, sweet potato puree, dates, and vanilla extract.
Add this into the flour mixture while gently mixing together until completely combined. TIP: avoid over-mixing to prevent toughness in the final product.
Fold in blueberries
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are lightly browned.