Brawnies (from Chef AJ)
These raw brownies will satisfy your sweet and chocolatey cravings with only natural sugar from dates.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, process walnuts into a powder. Do not over process into a nut butter.
- Add the cocoa or carob powder and process again.
- Add the dates until a ball forms.
- Then add the vanilla and briefly process again.
- Place in an 8”X8” square pan and freeze until firm.
Chef’s Note: You can use any raw nut or seed (or combination) instead of the walnuts.