Broccoli Bisque (from Dr. McDougall’s Newsletter)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups fresh potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2½ cups non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Pepper to taste
- Place broccoli, broth, potatoes, onion, and dill weed in a medium pot.
- Bring to boil, cover, and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes until broccoli and potatoes are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to blend.
- Add non-dairy milk, mustard, and pepper. Heat through and serve.
If you don’t have an immersion blender (which we highly recommend…so easy!), you can blend the soup in a regular blender or Vitamix and then return back to pot to add milk, mustard, and pepper.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes