This is a great one pot meal. You can make it different each time by adding different vegetables like peas, asparagus, or mushrooms. Try different spices too for additional flavors! Garlic, onion, and smoked paprika would be some great spice options and you can add in some fresh herbs too like cilantro or basil.
Broccoli & Quinoa Mac & Cheese (From Simply Quinoa)
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Pepper and other spices if desired
- Add quinoa, broccoli, broth and water to a large sauce pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stir and then cover and reduce to simmer for 15 – 20 minutes. You want the quinoa to be fluffy and the water to be absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and stir in nutritional yeast. Taste and add pepper and any other spices if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!