Cauliflower Fettucine Alfredo (from Oh She Glows)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened and unflavoured almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Fettuccine pasta of choice
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Add cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, cook for another 3-7 minutes until fork tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, saute the minced garlic in water or vegetable broth over low heat for 4-5 minutes until softened and fragrant, but not browned.
- In a high speed blender, add the cooked and drained cauliflower, sauteed garlic, non-dairy milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Blend until a super smooth sauce forms. If using a Vitamix use the tamper stick as needed. The key here is to get a really smooth sauce so don’t be afraid to let it run for a minute or so. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add your desired amount of pasta and boil for the time instructed on the package. Drain pasta.
- Add cauliflower sauce into the pot and add the drained pasta. Heat over low-medium until heated enough to your liking.
- Serve with fresh minced parsley and black pepper and your favorite sauteed or roasted vegetables like peas, spinach, mushrooms, or broccoli.