Chia Pudding Breakfast Bowl (from Oh She Glows)
Chia seeds have lots of nutrients with very few calories, are full of antioxidants, have lots of fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, they are great for bone health, lower the risk of heart disease & diabetes, and help improve exercise performance.
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 – 1.25 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 2 small bananas
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- two pinches of cinnamon
- Banana slices
- Apple slices
- Small handful of almonds
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized bowl.
- Stir in chia seeds.
- Whisk in the soy or almond milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until combined.
- Place in fridge overnight to thicken.
- In the morning, place your desired amount of chia pudding into a bowl. (Note: at this point, you can blend your chia pudding if a smooth texture is desired.) You can add more soy or almond milk if you want to thin it out in the morning. Or, if it’s too thin, add more chia seeds to thicken it up.
- Add toppings and enjoy!