Chickpea Salad (from Nourished)
- 2 15 oz cans of chickpeas (or 3 cups cooked from dry)
- 2 cups fresh veggies, chopped (try a combination of different colored peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, etc)
- ¼ cup red or green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, roughly chopped, optional (parsley, basil, and dill are favorites)
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together vinegars, lemon, mustard, Italian herbs, and pepper until combined. This will be the dressing for your salad.
- Fold chickpeas and chopped veggies into the dressing and toss until well combined and the chickpeas are evenly coated in the dressing.
- Sprinkle fresh herbs on top, if using.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Salad tastes best if it sits for at least 4 hours in the fridge but can be serve immediately if needed.