These muffins are perfect if you like chocolate and want something sweet without feeling guilty.
Chocolate Sweet Potato Muffins (from My Whole Food Life)
- 2 cups oat flour (can grind rolled oats in a blender to flour consistency)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked and pureed sweet potato
- 1 mashed banana (can also use 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or more sweet potato)
- 1/3 cup date syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one bowl, add the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and cinnamon and mix together.
- In another bowl add the sweet potato, banana, and date syrup and stir.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners or silicone baking cups.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool before removing from the pan.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last at least 7-10 days. You can also freeze them for up to 6 months.