Creamy Pasta with Mushroom and Kale (Inspired from the Creamy Roasted Tomato pasta from a Happy Herbivore meal plan)
- 12 oz. pasta, cooked
- 1 Onion, sliced thin
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup hummus (try this easy homemade hummus recipe)
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil, adjust to desired taste
- Optional: red pepper flakes (for some spice)
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Add the kale the last minute of cooking. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking: Caramelize the onion in some water or broth.
- Add in mushrooms and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add a can of diced tomatoes and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the hummus and basil and heat through.
- When the pasta is done: Combine the sauce with the pasta and serve.
Notes: You can also steam the kale in advance and add in at the end.