As the weather starts to get cooler, enjoy these warm oats that can be made the night before in a crockpot. There are many variations included so you can try different flavors to keep things interesting.
- 1 cups steel cut oats (no substitutions)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 1 large mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For serving: banana slices, chopped walnuts, raisins, peanut butter, or any other favorite mix-ins
Banana Bread Oatmeal: Add 1 extra large mashed banana and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
Peaches and Cream: Add 2 chopped peaches.
Cinnamon Apple: Replace 2 cups of liquid (either the water or soy/almond milk) with 2 cups of apple juice, add 2 medium chopped apples, use 1 tablespoon of cinnamon instead of 1 tsp, and add 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
Blueberry Pie: Add 2 cups of blueberries (fresh or frozen).
Mixed Berry Oatmeal: Add 2 cups of mixed berries (fresh or frozen).
Pumpkin Pie: Add 1 cup of pumpkin and 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
Directions for all crockpot oatmeal variations:
1. Place all of the ingredients except the toppings in a 4-to-6-quart slow cooker and stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours (overnight) or on high for 3 hours.
3. Remove cover and stir to evenly combine the ingredients. Enjoy warm with desired toppings.
YES! Contact me today to schedule a FREE no obligation consultation and trial workout.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]