Dr. Joel Furhman’s Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
These brownies are based on Dr. Joel Furhman’s recipe. We added bananas IN the batter to make them more fudgy and sweet.
- 2 cups cups cooked black beans or canned no-salt-added or low-sodium black beans, drained
- 10 Medjool dates
- 2 bananas
- 2 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 cup natural, non-alkalized cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Blend the black beans, dates, bananas, almond butter and vanilla in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, and chia seeds and blend again. Pour into an 8×8-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for about 30 min or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting into small squares.