Easy Marinara Sauce (From The Vegan Chef)
This sauce is very easy to make without the added salt, oil, and sugar of jarred sauce.
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 T. garlic, minced
- 1 t. dried basil
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1/8 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 – 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- In a medium saucepan, saute the onion in water for 3 minutes to soften.
- Add the garlic and saute an additional 1-2 minutes while stirring constantly, or until fragrant but not browned.
- Add the dried herbs and pepper and saute an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stir well to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Add to your favorite bean pasta & veggies or with a bean, rice, & veggie bowl.
This makes about 3.5 cups of sauce.