We are officially in Fall and the weather is going to start getting cooler. When you are looking for a soup recipe to stay warm, this one is really simple!
Easy Vegetable Soup (from The Fat Free Vegan)
- 12 ounces frozen California vegetables*
- 12 ounces frozen Italian vegetables*
- 1 15- ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15- ounce can no salt cannellini beans or other white beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15- ounce can no salt pinto beans, kidney beans, or your favorite beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3.5 cups boiling water
*Any kind of frozen mixed vegetables will work for this recipe.
Stove Top Directions:
- Add all ingredients to a large pot with an additional 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until the vegetables are fork tender, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. If the soup becomes too thick, add more water as necessary.
Instant Pot Directions:
Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker. Stir.
Set to manual, high pressure for 2 minutes.
Let it release naturally.
Stir the soup. If you’d like it to be thinner, you can add water or vegetable broth. Check the flavor and add more seasoning as necessary.