Looking for a warm beverage to enjoy this holiday season but want to avoid the refined sugar? Check out this hot cocoa made with naturally sweet medjool dates!
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (can also use any type of your favorite plant milk)
- 1.5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 medjool dates, pitted and softened in hot water
- 1 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- optional: some fresh mint leaves for a peppermint hot cocoa flavor
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until combined and smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan over low heat until warm or pour into a mug to heat in the microwave. If using the microwave, start with 1 minute. Stir then microwave for an additional 30 seconds or until hot.