This pasta is a perfect meal for the summer with its light flavors.
Lemon Asparagus Pasta (from Detoxinista)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or more water)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound pasta
- any other of your favorite seasonings
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions and set aside.
- For the lemon sauce, water sauté the garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the cauliflower florets and 1 cup of water, and bring it to a boil. Cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer, steaming the cauliflower until it’s very tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork, transfer the contents of the pot to a blender (including the liquid) and add in the almond milk, lemon juice, and black pepper, to taste. Carefully blend the sauce until silky smooth, being careful to cover the vent of the blender lid with a dish towel, to help release the steam pressure. Set this aside.
- In the same large pot, water sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add in the asparagus, and continue sautéing until tender, about 8-10 more minutes adding more water if needed.
- Add in the cooked pasta and pour the creamy cauliflower sauce into the pot, stirring well to combine.
- Season the pasta with additional pepper and any other of your favorite seasonings, if needed, and serve warm.