Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins (from The Oatmeal Artist)
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk
- juice of 2 lemons (~6 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp lemon extract
- 2-3 medjool dates
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1-2 tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan or use a silicone muffin pan.
- In a blender or food processor, combine bananas with soy or almond milk, lemon juice, lemon extract and medjool dates. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together oat flour, oats, baking powder, and baking soda. Add wet ingredients to the oat mixture and stir.
- Stir in poppy seeds. Start with 1 tbsp and increase if desired.
- Fill the muffin tins so they are about 5/6 full.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan.