Lentil Sloppy Joes (from Nutritionstripped)
- 3 cups cooked brown lentils
- 1 15 ounce can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 2 dashes Liquid Smoke
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium pot, saute the onion and bell pepper until soft.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine. Cook for 20-30 minutes on medium heat to help thicken the tomato sauce. (Cook longer for a thicker consistency).
- Enjoy as a sandwich on lettuce leaves, sprouted grain wraps, or sprouted grain bread, or on a salad.