Mexican Tahini Sauce (from The Vegan 8)
This easy-to-make sauce goes great over so many dishes!
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (add more for extra spicy)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 teaspoons date syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water, or more if desired
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk really well with a fork for a couple of minutes until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Taste and add any more chili powder or spices if you want it extra spicy. If you want the sauce thinner, add just a little more water, keeping in mind that it will dilute the flavor some.
- Serve over your favorite meals like these Mexican Black Bean Burgers! Or add the sauce to potatoes, taco, burritos, or in salads!