I just made this recipe over the weekend and it turned out really well! It’s from the China Study cook book. I also recommend reading the book! It will give you a lot of great information about what’s best to eat and the science behind it.
By the way, I added some balsamic vinegar and more mustard than it calls for. That gave it more flavor. Hope you like it!
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 4 tablespoons diced dill pickle
- 4 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dulse flakes (optional)
- black pepper to taste
- Large Romaine lettuce leaves (used in place of bread)
- Sliced organic tomato (optional)
- Place Chickpeas in food processor and pulse two times to roughly chop. Add all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Top large Romaine lettuce leaves with chickpea mixture. Add sliced tomato (optional)