- 6 whole-wheat pitas
For the tomato sauce:
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons date syrup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large handful of fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olives, halved
- ½ cup diced smoked tofu
- ½ zucchini, thinly sliced or shaved
- 3 tablespoons Vegan Parmesan (recipe below)
- fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato puree, vinegar, date syrup, garlic, a handful of fresh basil, oregano, and thyme in a blender; season with pepper to taste. Puree until smooth.
- Place the pitas on a baking sheet and spread tomato sauce on top. Scatter the olives, tofu, and shaved zucchini over the sauce. (Or change it up and add any other favorite vegetable toppings!)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle Vegan Parmesan and fresh basil over pizzas and enjoy!
In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade or in a blender, combine 1 cup raw almonds or cashews or walnuts, ½ cup nutritional yeast, 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning (such as Benson’s Table Tasty) and blend until a powdery texture is achieved.