Pizza Hummus (from Sharon McRae at Eat Well Stay Well. Visit her site for more recipes!)
- 3 cups freshly cooked chickpeas (or 2 cans, drained and rinsed)
- 1½-2 cups water, adjusted for desired thickness
- 2 cloves garlic
- Handful of sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- Chunk of red onion (about half a medium onion)
- 4 Tbs nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbs dried basil
- Puree in food processor or high speed blender (such as the Vitamix); serve over greens/salad, in a collard green leaf (raw or lightly steamed) as a roll up, or on sprouted grain bread/tortillas.
- Note: If using a food processor, soak sun-dried tomatoes first.