This potato salad is creamy and simple to make!
Potato Salad (from Straight Up Food)
For the salad:
- 3 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled, cut into about ¾-inch chunks (about 9 cups)
- 3 ribs celery, sliced or chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (can also use 1 tsp dried)
For the dressing:
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salt-free mustard
- 1 medium clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into a blender, and set aside for at least 15 minutes (so the cashews can soften).
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat, uncovered. Reduce the heat to medium-high, and cook until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart when pierced with a knife, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place the cooked potatoes, celery, red onion, and dill into a large bowl.
- Blend the dressing ingredients until smooth. Stir the dressing into the salad. Serve immediately or after chilling for an hour.
Chef Notes: For a lower-fat dressing, substitute ¾ cup of cooked white beans for the cashews.