These breakfast cookies make a perfect grab-and-go breakfast for busy work days.
Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies (from Feasting on Fruit)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (or flax seeds)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 1/4 cup nut/seed butter of choice
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp no-alcohol vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, combine the oats, coconut, and chia seeds. Process until broken down into fine pieces but not quite flour.
- Add the pumpkin, nut butter, date syrup, spice, baking powder, and vanilla. Process until combined into a sticky dough.
- Add the chopped pecans, and process briefly until just combined.
- Roll into balls (about 1-1.5 tbsp of dough per cookie). Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and press to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350F, or until the bottom edges are golden brown.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before enjoying.