Pumpkin Chili (from Delish Knowledge)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 15 oz. can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 15 oz. cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Water saute the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, and garlic cloves and cook another minute or two until the spices are fragrant, stirring often.
- Add in the fire roasted and diced tomatoes and the pumpkin puree and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the black beans, 1 cup water, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, partially cover and let simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring often. The longer this cooks, the more the flavors develop so letting this simmer for longer than 30 minutes is ideal.