This easy pasta recipe is made in just one pot. The Fall flavors of this dish are perfect to enjoy this season!
Pumpkin Pasta (by From My Bowl)
- 8 oz pasta
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp of fresh rosemary (or 1/2 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1/2 tbsp of fresh sage* (or 1/2 tsp dried sage)
- 3 tbsp cashew butter (can also use peanut butter)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot water saute the shallot, garlic, nutmeg, and fresh herbs over medium heat until the shallot and garlic are translucent.
- Add the pumpkin puree and cashew butter to the pot and mix well. Once evenly incorporated, add the pasta and vegetable broth. Stir again and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Once simmering, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for an additional 12-15 minutes, or until the pasta has cooked completely and only a thick sauce remains in the pot. Stir the mixture every few minutes, to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in the fresh lemon juice and season with pepper. Divide the pasta into bowls and serve warm with a side of cooked greens or a fresh salad.