This light meal is great for warm summer nights. It is also a great meal to prepare and pack in advance for lunches during the busy work week.
Quinoa & Chickpea Tabbouleh (From The Plant-Based Dietitian)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice with zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (can also use 1.5 cups cooked from dry)
- 1 large unpeeled cucumber, seeded and diced
- 3⁄4 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped finely scallions
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and zest, pepper, and garlic.
- Fold in the quinoa, chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and scallions, and combine well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate. Serve cold or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.