Quinoa Crust Pizza (from Beans Not Bambi)
Makes one 9″ Pizza. This recipe can easily be doubled to make 2 pizzas!
- 3/4 c uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 c water plus more for soaking
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- Place the quinoa in a bowl, cover with water. Soak 4-6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Rinse quinoa after soaking.
- Place in food processor with remaining crust ingredients.
- Process for about 2-3 minutes until it forms a paste.
- Spread into silicone baking pan (or you can line a regular pan with parchment paper).
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Flip over and bake another 5 minutes.
- 1/4 c hummus (Easy Hummus or Pizza Hummus are easy to make!)
- 1/8 cup pizza sauce
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/4 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 c broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Artichokes, fresh basil, and red pepper flakes work well too.
Directions for creating pizza:
On the pre-baked crust, spread a layer of the hummus first, then a thin layer of pizza sauce followed by a sprinkle of nutritional yeast. Pile the veggies on as desired (you can use any of your favorite veggies). Bake another 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!