Quinoa Curry Bowl (from Straight Up Food)
- 1½ cups water
- ¾ cup dry quinoa
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 bag (16 ounces) of frozen “stir fry” blend vegetables
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (4 to 5 medium cloves)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ avocado (optional)
- sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Stir the water, quinoa, granulated onion, and ½ teaspoon curry powder together in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook covered with a tight-fitting lid for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, place the frozen vegetables into a skillet or soup pot on medium-low heat covered so the vegetables can thaw and soften. Stir occasionally, adding a little water if needed. While the vegetables are warming, mince the garlic and ginger.
- When the vegetables have thawed and softened (5 to 10 minutes), increase the heat to medium-high and stir in the garlic, ginger, and 1 teaspoon curry powder; cook stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the tahini, adding a little water as needed to mix thoroughly. Stir the quinoa into the vegetables. Serve as is or with diced avocado and/or sesame seeds on top.