- 4-6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 medium eggplant, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, 1/2-inch dice
- 2 small yellow squash, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or more depending on desired consistency)
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano leaves or 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Optional: hot sauce or spices
1. Heat a large pan over medium heat for a minute and add some water or vegetable broth for sautéing.
2. Add onion, garlic, and pine nuts and sauté for 3 minutes or until onion slightly soft.
3. Add broth and eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until eggplant tender.
4. Add tomatoes, zucchini and yellow squash and cook for about 10 more minutes or until zucchini and squash tender but still firm to the bite and brightly colored.
5. Stir in minced oregano about a minute before cooking is finished.
6. Add in hot sauce or any spices for a spicy meal.