Raw Apple Crumble (from VeganFusion)
- 4 cups thinly sliced apple, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed apple juice or orange juice
- ¼ tsp orange zest
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch ground nutmeg
- pinch allspice
- 1 ¼ cups chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup pitted medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons dried shredded coconut
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch ground cardamom
- Place the apples, and raisins in a bowl.
- Place the dates, water, apple juice, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a blender and blend until creamy. Add to the bowl and mix well. Transfer to an 8 inch by 8 inch casserole dish.
- Prepare the crumble by placing all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse chopping until the walnuts are finely ground. Do not over process. Sprinkle on top of the apple layer just before serving.