Smoky Corn Chowder (from High Carb Hannah)
- 2 large russet potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- white onion (about 8 oz.), cut into chunks
- 1 cup red lentils
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Curry paste to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon (vegetable) or 1 tablespoon of miso, add to taste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 one pound bags of frozen corn (use roasted frozen corn if you can find it)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon or more of liquid smoke (add after cooking), to taste
To make on the stove top: Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for about an hour. Use and immersion blender to blend to desired consistency. Add in liquid smoke. Serve over rice and garnish with extra smoked paprika if desired. Enjoy!
To make in the Instant Pot: Throw everything into the Instant Pot and cook 15 minutes with natural release. Use an immersion blender to blend to desired consistency. Add in liquid smoke. Serve over rice and garnish with extra smoked paprika if desired. Enjoy!