Spaghetti Squash with Fire Roasted Tomato Cream Sauce (from Hummusapien)
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1-15 oz can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- ¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- red pepper flakes, optionalDirections:
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Allow them to soak for at least 2 hours or overnight. (If your in a hurry, you can bring water to a boil in a tea kettle, cover the cashews with the hot water, and let them soak for 30 minutes.)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Arrange squash in a large baking dish, cut-sides down. Pour 1/2 cup water into the dish and bake until just tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Rake with a fork to remove flesh in strands.
- Meanwhile, place all other ingredients (including the cashews) in a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Place squash strands in a pan and cover with sauce (you may not need all of it.) Toss to combine until warmed through.
- Top with fresh basil and red pepper flakes prior to serving.