Spicy Black Bean Salsa (From Straight Up Food)
This salsa is great with homemade corn chips (corn tortillas cut into 6 or 8 triangles and baked on a cookie sheet at 350F for 10 to 15 minutes, just until starting to brown), sliced veggies, in a salad, over rice, or on a baked potato.
- 1 15 oz can cooked black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1½ cups cooked from dry)
- ¾ cup corn kernels (thaw first if frozen)
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, chopped (or use chopped parsley or basil)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon granulated onion
- ½ teaspoon regular or smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic (or 1 medium clove, finely chopped)
- Optional ingredients: chopped jalapeño peppers, tomatoes, bell pepper, mango, and/or avocado
- Place all of the ingredients into a medium bowl, and stir well. Serve immediately or refrigerate for a couple hours to better incorporate flavors. If you prefer a smoother dip, blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.