Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos (adapted from Popsugar Fitness)
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (or 1-2 cans diced)
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained (or 1.5 cups black beans cooked from dry)
- 1 cup frozen corn (or 1 cup brown rice)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less depending on your preference)
- 2 cups kale
- 4 sprouted whole grain tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a pan, toss the sweet potatoes with 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and roast for about 30-45 minutes, until soft and slightly browned (add water 1tbsp at a time to prevent sticking).
- While that’s roasting, add the tomatoes, black beans, corn (or rice), red pepper, cayenne, and the rest of the cumin to a large pot, and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the kale and allow to wilt for 2 minutes, until it turns bright green.
- Place a tortilla on a plate and microwave for 15 seconds so it becomes more soft and warm. Spoon out 1/4 of the tomato-bean mixture into the center of the tortilla. Add 1/4 of the roasted sweet potatoes. Fold the tortilla and add salsa or guacamole if desired.