This soup recipe makes a big pot so you’ll have leftovers for several meals!
Sweet Potato and Yellow Split Pea Soup (from Chef AJ)
- One pound of yellow split peas (can also use green)
- One large chopped onion
- One pound carrots, sliced
- One celery heart, sliced (you can actually buy mirepoix, celery, carrots and onions already chopped at TJ’S)
- 2 Large Sweet potatoes , cubed
- 8 cups boiling water
- 6-8 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 teaspoons chopped parsley (dried, not fresh)
- 1-2 Tablespoons salt-free seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 capful (or more) Wright’s Liquid Smoke, optional (stirred in after cooking is completed)
- Place all ingredients in an electric pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Wait 15 minutes then release pressure.
Alternatively, place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours