Here’s a healthy muffin sweetened with natural sugar from fruit. The sweet potatoes also add a sweetness to these muffins.
- 2 small sweet potatoes, baked
- 1.5 cups oats
- 3/4 cup millet
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 3 bananas
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 apple, chopped
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven at 425 for about 45 minutes, or until soft. Allow to cool.
- Combine the oats and millet in a high-speed blender and blend until broken down into a flour. Pour this into a large bowl.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg and mix together.
- In a high-speed blender, combine cooled sweet potatoes, bananas, and dates and blend until smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in the chopped apple.
- Pour batter into a muffin pan and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for at least 15 to 20 minutes before removing.