Sweet Potato Nachos (from Chef AJ)
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1 cup non-fat refried beans (can also use plain black beans)
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup corn, roasted
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into uniform slices, approximately 1/4-inch thick.
- Place slices on nonstick baking sheet. Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip over and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until done. These are the “chip” part of your nachos.
- In a pan, heat refried beans until warm.
- Place chips on a plate and layer ingredients in order: sweet potato, refried beans, lettuce, corn, tomato, cilantro, salsa, onion, and olives.
- As an alternative, each item can be placed in separate bowls to create a nacho bar.