Thai Noodle Soup (from Forks Over Knives)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cups sliced bok choy
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 serrano chile, stemmed and sliced into thin rounds (for less heat, remove the seeds)
- 6 ounces brown rice noodles, cooked according to package directions, drained, and kept warm
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
1. Place the onion, carrot, and mushrooms in a medium pot and water sauté for 7 to 8 minutes. Add water 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
2. Add the garlic, ginger, bok choy, vegetable stock, soy sauce, lime zest and juice, and serrano chile. Bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. To serve: divide the noodles between four individual bowls. Pour the broth over the ingredients and garnish with the mung bean sprouts and cilantro.