Warm Lentil Salad (from Hummusapien)
This salad is great warm, but it is also great cold making it the perfect meal for leftovers!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 2 red onions, diced
- 16oz shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 cup cooked French lentils
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup pepitas
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the sweet potatoes and Herbs de Provence. Spread onto prepared baking sheet and roast for about 11-13 minutes. Toss and roast until golden, another 11-13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onion and Brussels sprouts in a little water and cook until golden brown and softened, about 4-5 minutes, adding more water as needed to prevent sticking.
- Stir in cooked lentils, balsamic vinegar, roasted sweet potatoes, and pepper to taste. Top with pepitas and serve!